Sometimes you need something unique and ground breaking to get your juices flowing.
We got it.
Glamping and Cruisin’ Tiki
As you will see in our segments below, these two new businesses, under the same company, are making a splash with visitors and locals along the Carolina coast.
We spent a night glamping thanks to Holden Beach Glamping at the Holden Beach RV Campground.
The amenities include comfortable beds, air conditioning, and bathrooms.
In addition to their impressive interiors, the glamping options are situated in deep Carolina woods, offering stunning views of the surrounding nature.
Plus, you cook and sit around the campfire at night with family and friends.
We also enjoyed a refreshing tiki boat and bar ride with Cruisin’ Tikis, also in Holden Beach, to give you a relaxing but exciting experience with friends.
Plus, you get to explore the Intracoastal waterway that shows off new homes but also isolated areas to even take a swim.
The Cruisin’ Tiki is a small, motorized floating platform that accommodates up to six people.
The tiki-style boat has a table, chairs and a built-in cooler, making it the perfect vessel for a relaxing day on the water.
Cruisin’ Tikis offers a range of packages, including private charters, sunset cruises, and even fishing trips.
Both adventures require some preparation as you will need to bring your food and drink.
Why try it here in Holden Beach:
- Year-round: if the summer is too crowded, you could always go in the spring and fall, and possibly in the winter months, thanks to the mild Carolina weather.
- Nearby services: there are enough nearby eateries and watering holes to take care of you.
- Transportation: Holden Beach RV Park has a trolley to take you to Cruz and Tiki ‘s or the beach.
Let’s delve into why these two new experiences have become so popular:
- Unique Experience: Glamping combines a luxury hotel with the thrill of camping. You enjoy the great outdoors without sacrificing comfort and convenience.
- Relaxation: Glamping allows you to unwind and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Surrounded by nature, you can take a break from technology and enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Adventure: Most glamping locations are situated in scenic and remote areas to explore the great outdoors: hiking, fishing, and kayaking.
- Sustainability: Many glamping sites are eco-friendly, using sustainable practices to minimize their impact on the environment.
- Quality time with loved ones: Whether you’re roasting marshmallows around the campfire or enjoying a meal under the stars, glamping offers a unique opportunity to bond and create lasting memories.
Glamping sites vary. So, you may want to do some research to find the right one. Here’s what to do:
- Choose the Right Accommodation: It could be a luxurious tent, a cozy cabin, or a treehouse. Just make sure to research and book in advance to secure your preferred choice.
- Pack Appropriately: Although glamping offers the luxury of a hotel, it’s still important to pack appropriately for the outdoors. Make sure to bring comfortable and weather-appropriate clothing, sturdy shoes, and any other gear you may need for outdoor activities.
- Plan Your Activities: Glamping is all about experiencing the great outdoors, so make sure to plan your activities in advance. Whether it’s hiking, fishing, or kayaking, research and book activities ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
- Embrace the Environment: Glamping offers the opportunity to disconnect from technology and embrace the natural environment. Take advantage of this by exploring the surrounding area, stargazing, or simply relaxing in nature.
- Bring Creature Comforts: Although glamping offers many luxuries, it’s still important to bring some creature comforts to make your stay more enjoyable. Consider bringing a cozy blanket, your favorite snacks, or a good book to help you unwind and relax.
You should be all set to go. Take a look at both videos to get a feel for your trip.
John Daly and Susan Anzalone are the Co-Creators and Co-Hosts of Undercover Jetsetter, a show on travel, food, wine, mixology and, of course, golf. They show you how to jet set the world and at home. They also co-authored the book, The TV Studio In Your Hand: How to Shoot, Edit & Deliver the Easy Way on Your iPhone. Join them for tips and hacks on the road, at home, or in the kitchen. Yes, as you will see, all on the iPhone.